nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Coloring nano's interface: the file browser

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Coloring nano's interface: the file browser
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2017 09:54:08 +0200

Op 29-07-2017 om 23:05 schreef David Ramsey:
I've been looking at the code used to color different parts of nano's
interface, and it seems that there's one oversight in it: the files in
the file browser always use normal video for unselected files and
reverse video (or bold text, if --boldtext is used) for selected files,
and there's no way to change that.

When setting the mark and moving the cursor in the editor, the selected
text is always in inverse video too (or bold when --boldtext is used).

If there's any interest in changing this, I've attached a patch that
adds this capability to current git (829a1a5); the new options that
allow coloring unselected and selected files are "unselfilecolor" and
"selfilecolor".

Unselected files are like normal text in the editor: no syntax applies
to them, so they get no color.

But if you add an option 'selectcolor' that applies to both selected text
in the editor and the selected file in the browser, I will accept.

Benno