nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] GNU nano help

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] GNU nano help
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2017 13:13:02 +0200

Op  9-08-2017 om 16:40 schreef David Niklas:
On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 16:44:09 +0000
<address@hidden> wrote:
Can you please tell me what is the latest version of GNU nano  and its
EOL and also what is the EOL of the previous versions

nobody has gotten back to you yet
and it has been a while so I shall.

I seem to remember having answered him:
  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/nano-devel/2017-07/msg00032.html

True, it was a bit curt, but the poster didn't put any work into
trying to answer his own question, so why should I?

 the debian, or
whatever distro you use, maintainer takes care of requests and bug fixes,
[...]
the actual fixing of the older version is left to the down stream
maintainers,

Right, when using nano from a distro, that version will be maintained
and supported by the relevant package maintainers.  But when building
nano from source, only the last released version is supported.

Benno