nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Nano compiled from source has no syntax highlighting no

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Nano compiled from source has no syntax highlighting nor persistence of search history
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2017 18:19:25 +0200

Op  4-09-2017 om 17:37 schreef Marco Diego Aurélio Mesquita:
I configure nano with ./configure --prefix=`pwd` and then do a make
and make install. When I run it, it has no syntax highlighting nor
persistence of search history.

You're installing into the directory where you run configure?  That is:
into your git repository?  That sounds like madness.  :)  Surely your
git repo is not in your PATH, so if you're going to run nano by giving
its relative path, you might just as well not install nano at all and
just run src/nano.

Configure nano without any options, and make sure /usr/local/etc/nanorc
is a symlink to /etc/nanorc.  (But best is to not have a /etc/nanorc at
all and just put all options and stuff in ~/.nanorc.)

Benno