nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] key bind menus

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] key bind menus
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2017 21:57:30 +0200

Op 18-10-2017 om 05:10 schreef Brand Huntsman:
Should MMOST, MSOME, MYESNO and MFINDINHELP be available for bind/unbind in nanorc? A function internally bound to MMOST would need 14 separate binds without a "most" menu in nanorc.

There is the meta menu "all".  See the manual.

And MYESNO/MFINDINHELP menus can't be rebound without those menus in nanorc.

Which functions would you want to rebind in those menus?  Apart
from Cancel there is nothing that can be rebound there.

You did cause me to find and fix a bug, though:
  https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?52246

Should add_to_sclist() bindings be in a subset of menus declared with add_to_funcs()? add_to_funcs(do_cut_text_void, MMAIN, ...); add_to_sclist(MMOST, "^K", 0, do_cut_text_void, 0); I understand that as cut only works in MMAIN but is bound to most menus.

Cut (^K) works at most prompts too, to clear whatever is there.
^A and ^E go to start and end of the prompt answer.  And there
are several more of these things that work at most prompts.

There are 13 functions declared with MMAIN and bound to MMOST. There are 2 functions declared with MMAIN and bound to MSOME.

I am not getting what you mean.

Benno