nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] [RFC] Quick switch between open buffers

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] [RFC] Quick switch between open buffers
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2017 17:52:10 +0100

Op 10-11-17 om 22:29 schreef Marco Diego Aurélio Mesquita:
On Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 6:01 PM, Benno Schulenberg <address@hidden> wrote:
The choice of ^R ^O is odd, since the user does not want to *read* or
insert anything, but instead wants to jump.

How about something on the goto menu?

Sounds better.

I'm nesting code inside a new if clause, I think the change in indentation is needed here.

It is needed cosmetically, but it's not needed functionally.
When reading patches, I prefer to see just the functional
changes.  The whitespace can be normalized in a subsequent
patch -- try a 'git log --grep "previous change"'.

I currently generate my patches with "git format-patch -1" would using "git
format-patch -1 -w" be enough?

No, because then the patch would fail to apply.

Benno