nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Unable to create STATE directory

From: Brand Huntsman
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Unable to create STATE directory
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2017 01:37:29 -0700

On Sun, 19 Nov 2017 09:09:58 +0100
Benno Schulenberg <address@hidden> wrote:

> Op 19-11-17 om 04:28 schreef Brand Huntsman:
> > Unable to create directory /home/test/.local/share/nano/: No such
> > file or directory It is required for saving/loading search history
> > or cursor positions. Press Enter to continue
>
> XDG_DATA_HOME should specify a valid and existing directory.
> If it does not exist, nano will not create it.

Sorry, I meant XDG_DATA_FALLBACK.

Create a new user account, remove ~/.local/ if it exists, clear
XDG_DATA_HOME if set and run nano. Nano uses XDG_DATA_FALLBACK and then fails
if it doesn't exist. I can understand not creating XDG_DATA_HOME if not null,
but it should probably create XDG_DATA_FALLBACK like all other programs that
use that directory.