nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] build issues on Mingw32

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] build issues on Mingw32
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2017 20:34:56 +0100

Op 26-12-17 om 13:27 schreef Liu Hao:
Sorry I quoted the wrong branch. It is on the branch `with-libgnurx`:

https://github.com/lhmouse/nano-win/blob/with-libgnurx/build-nano-win.sh#L28

Okay. But you don't need that branch any more now, right?  The gnulib
modules that nano pulls in are enough?

You don't pass any other options?  That would be strange, because the
linter uses fork() too and it doesn't get disabled by --disable-speller.

Hmm you are right... I was compiling a patched nano, which had linter etc disabled.

The whole patch is here:

https://github.com/lhmouse/nano-win/commit/44eddc22d15468eb8e29e1f3bc627ca86e4df9e5#diff-d03ba61c71b6360bbf4c453d924e8fa2R3041

That's a lot of changes.  :|

One thing I notice is that you exclude the SIGWINCH stuff, in two
ways: once with #ifdef SIGWINCH and once with #ifndef _WIN32.  If
you make both conditions like the first, I think we can include
that into master.

By the way, I don't understand all the #ifndef _WIN32, which mean:
when NOT compiled on Windows.  Shouldn't that be the other way around?

The script has been there since I started porting nano 2.4.x. At that time justifying could only be undone by pressing ^U immediately.

This has not changed: unjustification can be done only immediately
after a justification -- the only change is that you can use M-U too.

You know I use nano to code, justifying is something superfluous for me. I found it so unhelpful but unintentionally triggered so I disabled it thereafter.

You are in the same class as Mike Frysinger.  :)  But, instead of
disabling justification entirely, you could also just unbind the
^J and M-J keystrokes from main and the latter also from search.
That way the binary can still do justifications, for the people
who want it, but you can't accidentally type it.

Benno