nano-devel

[Nano-devel] looking for bugs and a Greek translation

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: [Nano-devel] looking for bugs and a Greek translation
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2018 11:04:58 +0100

[If you are subscribed, please answer only to the list.]

On 2018-01-03 21:19, address@hidden wrote:
I actually have thought about it because I didn't see a translation in
Greek. So, I might consider doing it although I would prefer working
on new bugs or enhancements of nano.

What kind of bugs are you interested in?

The thing that I personally would like to see added is bracketed paste mode:
   https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?40060

I started nano with a Greek locale and some strings in the help bar were translated. How is this possible without a .po file? Maybe from a library?

This is possible when you are using Ubuntu (or a derivative) because it has
a partial Greek translation made on Launchpad:
   https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/artful/+source/nano/+pots/nano

You could use that as a starting point, but only for strings that cannot be
translated in any other way.  For longer strings you may want to translate
them somewhat differently, to sidestep copyright issues.

Benno