nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Encrypted text file for private stuff

From: Lion Yang
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Encrypted text file for private stuff
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2018 02:03:42 +0800

Hi,

I am a bit worried about the command line with secret (key for encryption)… It can be found very easily at .bash_history. That is, using command line to pass the key is very likely vulnerable. But anyways, I think it is useful to do simple encryption for something like diary or cloud storage as you mentioned.

BTW, what block cipher mode are you using?

Daming Yang