nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] nanorc.nanorc end-of-line comments

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] nanorc.nanorc end-of-line comments
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2018 11:31:37 +0100

Op 16-01-18 om 22:02 schreef Mike Frysinger:
personally i lean towards the latter: - for color values which aren't alpha-only, require quotes (or maybe always require quotes).

No, color names and numbers should never require quotes.  The regexes are
already quoted.  Still more quotes would make things ugly to my eyes.

(What I have been wishing to do is to remove the quotes around the syntax
name, so that it looks more like a color command: only the regex is quoted.
For the extendsyntax command, the syntax name already must be unquoted.)

- support inline comments everywhere properly.

If that is easy to make, sure.  Patches are welcome.

Benno