nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] nanorc.nanorc end-of-line comments

From: Brand Huntsman
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] nanorc.nanorc end-of-line comments
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2018 13:47:25 -0700

On Wed, 17 Jan 2018 11:31:37 +0100
Benno Schulenberg <address@hidden> wrote:

> Op 16-01-18 om 22:02 schreef Mike Frysinger:
> > personally i lean towards the latter: - for color values which
> > aren't alpha-only, require quotes (or maybe always require
> > quotes).
>
> No, color names and numbers should never require quotes.  The regexes
> are already quoted.  Still more quotes would make things ugly to my
> eyes.

I agree.

> > - support inline comments everywhere properly.
>
> If that is easy to make, sure.  Patches are welcome.

Any commands with strings shouldn't have EOL comments. Move EOL comment regex
to top, and any command with a string could end of up highlighting over the #
if the comment contains a double quote. Keep EOL comment at bottom and it
highlights any string containing " #". I don't think syntax variables would
help prevent this.