nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] set the terminal emulator's titlebar

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] set the terminal emulator's titlebar
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 20:57:40 +0100

Op 29-01-18 om 17:48 schreef Mike Frysinger:
can you describe the issue in detail here ? you're pressing ctrl+left arrow on a linux vt and it's not generating the sequences you expect ?

It's generating the expected keycode (we put ncurses into "keypad" mode,
so it produces single-value keycodes instead of escape sequences), but
this keycode is the same as for plain <Left>.  <Ctrl+Left>, <Shift+Left>
and plain <Left> all produce the same keycode on a Linux console.  But
there is a way to get at the state of the modifier keys (Shift, Ctrl,
Alt): ioctl(0, TIOCLINUX) so I have used that.  It breaks down when
keystrokes get queued, or when ssh'ing to another machine, but for
typical use on a local VT, it works fine.

<Left>, <Shift+Left>, <Ctrl+Left> on a Linux console:
Sequence of hex codes: 104
Sequence of hex codes: 104
Sequence of hex codes: 104

<Left>, <Shift+Left>, <Ctrl+Left> on an Xfce Terminal:
Sequence of hex codes: 104
Sequence of hex codes: 189
Sequence of hex codes: 221

Benno