nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] [RFC] vertical scroll arrows

From: David Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] [RFC] vertical scroll arrows
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 09:44:00 -0500

Brand Huntsman:
> New patch implements the above and uses -/+ for arrows on non-utf8
> terminals.

I've tested this version of the patch, and it's definitely useful.
Although there are two minor issues I've found with it:

1. I usually have constupdate on, and the scroll arrow number is
calculated using a different formula from the one used by constupdate in
winio.c:do_cursorpos().  (As an aside, why is the rcfile option called
"constupdate" while the internal flag is called CONSTANT_SHOW?)  This
means the two file total percentages don't always match exactly.  It
would be ideal if they did.

2. This isn't really a coding issue, but... The encoding of the patch
seems to be off.  The Unicode arrow characters show up in-file as
three-character sequences (based on the three bytes of each Unicode
sequence), which means they both get displayed as "รข"; I have to
manually modify them to be the characters you intend.