nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] RFC: nano's justifications are poorer than those of Pic

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] RFC: nano's justifications are poorer than those of Pico -- okay to improve?
Date: Mon, 21 May 2018 10:40:27 +0200

Op 21-05-18 om 00:21 schreef David Ramsey:
> That sounds like it covers most of the cases.  Although it should
> explicitly account for fewer than three existent preceding lines in all
> cases; you only do so in (1), but this sounds like it should apply to
> the end of (3) as well, at the very least.

Yes, I cut some corners in the descriptions.  :)  But meanwhile I've come
up with a more concise way: using recursion.  See the second of the upcoming
pair of patches.

In the "pathological" case of a file where no two adjacent lines have the
same indentation, this recursion could go back all the way to the start of
the file.  Do you think we should cut that short somehow, to prevent a
stack overflow?

Benno