nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] guessing at the number of users of nano

From: 林博仁(Buo-ren, Lin)
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] guessing at the number of users of nano
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2018 02:49:13 +0800

Hello,

(still struggling with the mailing list, hope this one is sent properly)

> Do any other distributions offer such indications of the number of users of a package? Fedora, Gentoo, Arch, Ubuntu?

As for the distribution on the Snap Store[1], the exact metrics are only available to the publisher and its collaborators(I would love to give you access, unfortunately it requires an Ubuntu One account[2]).

Anyway, here's the latest(Dec. 12) statistics since the initial announcement(Dec. 4):

* 44 weekly active devices[4], including 35 tracking the stable channel(3.2) and 9 tracking beta and edge channel(currently 3.2-42-g55537dc)   Note that the systems that uninstall the snap afterwards and the ones that not become online in a week period will be deducted from this number.
* People in 22 territories[5] has installed the snap, the top three:
    * United States(9)
    * Germany(5)
    * Canada(4)
* 24 of the snap users are using nano on Ubuntu Core[6] devices, perhaps nano isn't shipped by default...? :-/

That's all for now, I'll post an update about the current status of the nano snap in the next few days.

Cheers,
林博仁(Buo-ren, Lin) <address@hidden>

[1] https://snapcraft.io/nano
[2] https://login.ubuntu.com