Re: [Nel] Pb with glx version

From: Lionel Berenguier
Subject: Re: [Nel] Pb with glx version
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 14:32:41 +0100

> I'm having the same trouble as Bernard Hugueney had. I'm using Debian Sid
> (unstable), and the nel/ configure script complains about OpenGL version
> being too old (GL_GLEXT_VERSION < 7). Debian packages the original XFree
4.0.2
> header files, XFree says 4.0.2 uses Mesa 3.4, and if you downloa Mesa 3.4
you'll
> see that GL_GLEXT_VERSION is set to 6.
>
> Since the latest version from SGI's OpenGL sample implementation is set to
7,
> and Mesa's CVS stick to that 6, I guess Nevrax developpers use somewhat
> cstomized RPMs (let me guess ... Mandrake ? :))

No.

"glext.h" is NOT linked to any linux distribution/version. His purpose is to
declare all the possible extensions of any graphic hardware. For that
reason, SGI handles the "official" glext.h, which you can retrieve from:

http://oss.sgi.com/projects/ogl-sample/ABI/glext.h

> > I suggest that the configure script should be relying on version 6 for
now,
> in order we claim what's really implemented by XFree 4.0.2.

For now, we do not really use the version 7 of the header, but this will
come soon (for fututre new extensions such as NV20 ones), so the only thing
you must do, is to get and replace the glext.h.