Re: [Nel] Landscape generation pipeline

From: EagleEye
Subject: Re: [Nel] Landscape generation pipeline
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 15:13:13 -0500

> Once you have created your tile bank and your landscape zones, you will
need
> to preprocess your zone
> in order to:
>
> - Weld the boundary vertices of the zones
> - Light the zones with shadows casted by the landscape and the static
> objects (like trees, buildings..)

What if I want to make trees in my world dynamic objects?  If I just make
the landscape and preprocess it without trees, but add the trees later as
dynamic objects, they'll still have the shadows and stuff done right,
correct?  Granted, more processing required on the client (I would guess),
but it would allow for some key elements of my game (the actual cutting down
of trees and dynamic structure building for example).