[Nel] Welding and Lighting zones

From: Paul Siegel
Subject: [Nel] Welding and Lighting zones
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 14:52:20 -0500

I've got some zones built that I wanted to try and do the post-processing
work on, so I went into the code\nel\tools\3d\landscape_builder directory
and tried to follow the steps therein.  I got the three executables built
(zone_dependencies.exe, zone_lighter.exe, and zone_welder.exe) and put them
in the bin directory.  I put my exported zone files in the zone_exported
directory.  Then I started running the batch files.  Everything was working
fine until I got to 2_weld.bat.  I was quite surprised to find it contained
only the single command:

bash sh\weld.sh

I noticed that 3_light.bat contained a very similar command as well.  This
doesn't help me very much working on a Windows machine and not having a bash
shell to execute the script with.  But never mind, I'm resourceful, I
figured I could crack open sh\weld.sh, learn what it was doing, and recode
2_weld.bat to do the same.

Then to my horror I found that the sh directory was empty.  I double-checked
CVS, and sure enough there are no files in the sh directory.  Where are
these scripts?  Can someone send me them, or at least tell me what they are
supposed to do?  Thanks.

Paul