Re: [Nel] RE: Nel miscellanea

From: Cyril 'Hulud' Corvazier
Subject: Re: [Nel] RE: Nel miscellanea
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 19:06:32 +0100

Hi,

> Yes, that's what it means.  In the past I was updating and recompiling NeL
> daily but about 50% of the time it wouldn't compile due to errors checked
> into CVS.  Cross-file errors I can understand in a large project with
> multiple developers.  Typos or ommisions that cause the code to be
> incompilable I can't, it's a major annoyance.

Yes, sometimes sources on the CVS doesn't compile under linux. It comes
from 2 main reasons:

1) Most of NeL developpement is done under Windows and rarely under linux.
(Some network guys do it..). Sometimes, you're right, sources checked into
the CVS doesn't compile under linux, but very rarley under windows.
We have automatic rebuild systems at Nevrax, but sometimes errors pass thru.

2) The CVS is updated with a daily snapshot and not a stabilized / tested /
compiled version.

But be sure that for our internal developement, the CVS is always consisting.

Cyril Corvazier