Re: [Nel] problems compiling....

From: Kai Schutte
Subject: Re: [Nel] problems compiling....
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 03:22:58 +0100

> OK i THINK i know what's wrong.  I followed the new instructuions that
came with the cvs version of the code and i did the nmake clean all stuff to
STLport and at the begging it says the following files could not be found
like 8 times and then compiles the rest.... Then when i do nmake install it
says that cl.exe cannot be found (apparently cl.exe is the file all these
compilations want to maek... including nel...) any ideas. and yes STLport
4.0
> --

Hi,

cl.exe is the compiler that comes with VisualC++. At first sight it seems
simply that your path isn't set correctly, yet nmake.exe is (at least with
my install of VC++) in the same directory than cl.exe, and your nmake.exe
seems to work. Are you sure that cl.exe is installed? On my box, this is
located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Bin\

What version of VC++ are you using, and are you sure you moved the right
makefile from the STLPort distribution. I've compiled STLPort 4.5.1 without
any problems, with VC++6.

-Kai