Re: [Nel] ppc build

From: Vianney Lecroart
Subject: Re: [Nel] ppc build
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 10:29:23 +0100

Hi,

> I believe this is an unneeded optimisation because :

We use the RDTSC only for profile/bench purpose when we want to tune little
part of code but if CTime::getPerformanceTime() returns 0, all the code will
work fine (but you ll don't have profil timing, but anyway, they are
temporary). But if  you want, you can use gettimeofday() instead of
returning 0.

PPC issues:

Even if you can compile NeL and NeL services (NeLNS) I think you should have
some problem between communication if you use x86 and PPC because it could
have some bug in the endianess functions in serialization (we never really
try them). So if you have some Stream Exception, it could come from this
problem.

Vianney Lecroart
---
lead network programmer / nevrax.com
icq#: 6870415
homepage: http://ace.planet-d.net
www.geekcode.com: GCS/E d- s+++: a-- C+++$ UL++ P- L+++>+$ E+>- W++ N+ o? K-
w++$ O- M- V- PS- PE? Y PGP t 5? X+ R- tv++ b- DI D+ G e++ h+ r-- y?