Re: [Nel] GNU/Linux ... snowballs is running

From: Vianney Lecroart
Subject: Re: [Nel] GNU/Linux ... snowballs is running
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 10:54:16 +0100

Hi Loic,

First of all, thank you for your help that is very useful for us.

The problem about dynamic_cast seems to be a gcc bug (???) because the cast
works fine on windows.
dynamic_cast *can* return a pointer that is different from C style cast in
the case a virtual multi inheritence.

For the frame rate, snowballs is slow perhaps because you don't have a good
video card (geforce or better) or because the driver is software.
Anyway, you have to know that there s visual bug that we never fix on linux.
For example, the NeL 3d logo that should be small in the top left of the
screen is very big in the center of the screen on linus (perhaps a Viewport
problem).

For gcc-3, we tried, quickly,  a compilation but there are some error about
throw() qualifier and cast problem. If you fix them, we ll be glad to add
them :)

Regards,

Vianney Lecroart
---
lead network programmer / nevrax.com
icq#: 6870415
homepage: http://ace.planet-d.net
www.geekcode.com: GCS/E d- s+++: a-- C+++$ UL++ P- L+++>+$ E+>- W++ N+ o? K-
w++$ O- M- V- PS- PE? Y PGP t 5? X+ R- tv++ b- DI D+ G e++ h+ r-- y?