RE: [Nel] contrib and fix

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: RE: [Nel] contrib and fix
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 20:59:51 +0100

Daniel Miller writes:
 > Thanks Loic. This is great - I'll pass it on to the chaps in ties and we'll
 > look at puting it on the site as soon as they've done their legal wot-not.

        Ok. It may be useful to tell them that this assignement has
been used successfully during more than ten years, world wide. The
success is not measured in terms of lawsuits but in terms of informal
GNU GPL enforcement. Thanks to these assignments (among other things),
the GNU GPL was enforced a number of times in various countries in the
past ten years without the need to resort to court, even once.

        There is a whole theory behind, see

http://emoglen.law.columbia.edu/ and specifically
http://emoglen.law.columbia.edu/publications/lu-12.html,
http://emoglen.law.columbia.edu/publications/lu-13.html.