Re: [Nel] Newbie help

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Nel] Newbie help
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 10:05:37 +0200

Alain Dutech writes:

 > Hello Matt,
 >
 > having installed STLPort in /usr/local/ I use the following settings for
 > ./configure :
 >
 > --with-stlport=/usr/local/include/stlport
 > --with-stlport-include=/usr/local/include/stlport
 > --with-stlport-lib=/usr/local/lib/

        That should work assuming that STL was indeed installed. Most of
the time it is compiled from the tarbal in a STL-4.5 directory or something
and --with-stlport=/usr/local/src/STL-4.5 will be enough since it will
assume that includes are in /usr/local/src/STL-4.5/include and libs in
/usr/local/src/STL-4.5/lib.

        Also note that --with-stlport-{lib,include} take precendence over
--with-stlport. Therefore specifying the three options is redundant, but
not harmfull.

        If you install STL from a package (Debian or rpm based GNU/Linux
distribution), detection should work. I'd be interested to know if it does
not on rpm based distributions since I'm only using Debian here.

        Cheers,