Re: [Nel] Linux : compiling snowballs

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Nel] Linux : compiling snowballs
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 10:47:16 +0200

Vincent Caron writes:
 > Hello,
 >
 > seems to me that snowballs2/client/src/Makefile.am lost some links
 > params from CVS versions 1.8 and 1.9 (last) :
 >
 > http://www.nevrax.org/cvs/cvsweb.cgi/code/snowballs2/client/src/Makefile.am.diff?r1=text&tr1=1.8&r2=text&tr2=1.9&f=h
 >
 > I personnaly can't link without this line :)

        Hi,

        I suggest you either get a fresh CVS image or re-configure
from scratch.  re-configuring solved this problem for other people.

        The trick is that configure now computes the list of libraries
correctly and there is no need to hardcode them in every
Makefile.am. However, if you did not originally ./configure
--enable-maintainer-mode, Makefile.am/acconfig.h/configure.in
dependency rules are not active and manual reconfiguration is
necessary.

        Cheers,