[Nel] Compiling problem

From: bhr
Subject: [Nel] Compiling problem
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 11:37:08 +0200 (MEST)

Hi all!

This is the first time i send a message in this mailing list. I'm a (future)
user of the Nel "MMORPG" core.
I'm quiet surprised to read that almost all the mail concern the snowball
project. It's a very good game, but i thought NeL was more a "Library" for
developer (Am i wrong ?).

It's a so long time that i made a C++ program that i forgot almost
everything ;).
I've just install a Mandrake 8.2 Linux distribution to get into the "NeL World"
but i have a compilation problem.
I installed the Libxml library, and when i use the xml2-cong --version, the
answer is 2.4.16, but when i try to configure NeL (by ./configure --with-
stlport=<STL DIR>), i get the error message telling that libxml is not
installed or is an old version.
I try to change the LD_LIBRARY_PATH var, but it stil doesn't work.

Any Idea ?

Bhr