Re: [Nel] about landscapes & portals

From: Lionel Berenguier
Subject: Re: [Nel] about landscapes & portals
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 13:48:29 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Francois DUSSAUGE" <address@hidden>
To: "Developer's list for the NeL platform" <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2003 11:42 AM
Subject: [Nel] about landscapes & portals

> hi,
>
> I wish to know if we can couple the cluster systems with landscapes. Can
we have houses in a landscape (I have an IG per house, and the landscape is
the root IG) and see their interior through a portal system (i.e. not to see
all objects but some of them?) ?

Yes you can, it works.

> It is possible without seeing the whole landscape from the interior of the
house?

Yes I added recently this feature (before it was all or none of the
landscape), but the landscape does not clip well against the portal (for
clip performance reasons), but it is somewhat better. Also if you look 2
portals that lead to the landscape (eg 2 windows of your house) that lie in
the view frustum, then the whole landscape will be displayed (to not clip
twice...)

Lionel.