[Nel] (Yet another) problem compiling NeL using VC++.NET!

From: Clint
Subject: [Nel] (Yet another) problem compiling NeL using VC++.NET!
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 11:24:48 -0700

Hi all,
I'm able to successfully compile NeL, nelns, and snowballs2 from the latest CVS using VC++.NET. However, when attempting to launch the debug version of snowballs.exe, I get the following error:

INF 2632 common.cpp 644 snowballs.exe : Exception will be launched: nldriver_opengl_d.dll not found

The issue here is that when I compile NeL, instead of getting nldriver_opengl_d.dll, I get nel_drv_opengl_win_d.dll instead, which seems to me to be related to the following if statement in code/nel/src/3d/dru.h:

#   if _MSC_VER >= 1300 // visual .NET, use different dll name
// must test debug fast first, because NL_DEBUG_FAST and NL_DEBUG are declared at same time.
#       ifdef NL_DEBUG_FAST
#           define NL3D_DLL_NAME "nldriver_opengl_df.dll"
#       elif defined (NL_DEBUG)
#           define NL3D_DLL_NAME "nldriver_opengl_d.dll"
#       elif defined (NL_RELEASE_DEBUG)
#           define NL3D_DLL_NAME "nldriver_opengl_rd.dll"
#       elif defined (NL_RELEASE)
#           define NL3D_DLL_NAME "nldriver_opengl_r.dll"
#       else
#           error "Unknown dll name"
#       endif
#   else // visual 6 or lesser
// must test debug fast first, because NL_DEBUG_FAST and NL_DEBUG are declared at same time.
#       ifdef NL_DEBUG_FAST
#           define NL3D_DLL_NAME "nel_drv_opengl_win_df.dll"
#       elif defined (NL_DEBUG)
#           define NL3D_DLL_NAME "nel_drv_opengl_win_d.dll"
#       elif defined (NL_RELEASE_DEBUG)
#           define NL3D_DLL_NAME "nel_drv_opengl_win_rd.dll"
#       elif defined (NL_RELEASE)
#           define NL3D_DLL_NAME "nel_drv_opengl_win_r.dll"
#       else
#           error "Unknown dll name"
#       endif
#   endif

It seems to be evaluating properly in terms of snowballs.exe looking for the correct dll, however, for some reason, my NeL compilation always produces the VC6 version. Any ideas on why this might be happening?

Thanks for your time!

Clint