Re: [Nel] animation problem

From: Cyril 'Hulud' Corvazier
Subject: Re: [Nel] animation problem
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 11:23:17 +0100

Oops, forget the previous message..

Hi Andi,

> after loading into our game i notice that after adding the skeleton our monster is half under the floor
> and facing the wrong way...

This is a classic issue, in max, when you create your biped, it looks at the -Y axis to face the front view.

> same issue his tail went crazy and im sure he enjoyed it but was pretty unbecomming even for a horny little monster

Can you check this points before we go further:

    The skin shape vertices are exported in world space (it's a special case). At run time, vertices are moved back in bone local space using the inverted "figure mode" bone world matrix and then transformed in word space using the "current" bone world matrix. It means that :
    - whatever you may change on your skeleton (position, posture, orientation, size) you have to reexport the skin model.
    - you have to be sure that your skin shape, with physique modifier disabled, matchs the skeleton in figure mode.
    - the skin shape and the skeleton have to be exported in figure mode.

I hope your monster will get back on form :-)

Hld.