[Nel] Texture/Mesh customization

From: Jacob Rohde
Subject: [Nel] Texture/Mesh customization
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 12:21:35 +0100

Hi NeL Gurus J

I’m considering a system for character customization.

I would like two things:

  1. Texture customization, and
  2. Mesh customizaion.

Regarding the texturing part, does NeL assume some predefined format for a texture template for character meshes, or can we make up our own? I understand that NeL uses MRM meshes (LOD) how does that go with texture customization in NeL? On some systems/engines these two things don’t always go together well.

How is mesh customization supported in NeL? Mesh deformation? Piecewise mesh swapping? Say I would like to be able to customize my character: Height, weight etc. What would be the best approach in NeL for this? I know that mesh deformation can be very tricky and can result in some graphical anomalies.

I would really appreciate all information I can get on this.

Thanks in advance,

Jacob Rohde