[Nel] Compilation Errors

From: Heri RAKOTOMALALA
Subject: [Nel] Compilation Errors
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 11:54:01 +0200

Hello

Well, here it is :

I cannot compile the driver_dsound project . I use vc6 and it shows this :
Linking...
   Creating library ../../../../obj/Release/driver_dsound/nel_drv_dsound_win_r.lib and object ../../../../obj/Release/driver_dsound/nel_drv_dsound_win_r.exp
nlmisc_r.lib(common.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol address@hidden
../../../../lib/nel_drv_dsound_win_r.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

I thought it was because the "active configuration" was not the same, but they are set to Release Mode. I remember that the first thing that I did was change every project to Release mode. Do I have to go back to Debug mode to make it work ?

I would also like to know if someone has done an installation checklist or list-of-things-to-do to make things work, like for example how to create and lauch the snowballs example. i just hate when whenever i try to compile, visual studio tells me Library X is missing or file xxx.h is not found. So if someone has done a "fast standard doc " file, it would save a lot of time. I know there is the README and INSTALL files, but they are related to sub-sections of NeL engine and there is no big README file for the moment.

hope somebody would help me :D
thanx