Re: [Nel] Nel Net Services

From: Vianney Lecroart
Subject: Re: [Nel] Nel Net Services
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 19:49:12 +0100

If your pow() function always returns 0, you are in big trouble :)
This is just a check to see if the size of the message is not too big.
We never had this problem so i cannot really help you. You can try to comment the assert but it ll not solve the real problem. You should do a little test to see if your pow() function really returns always 0 and in this case, it s is your problem.

Regards,
Vianney Lecroart

Stéphane CHAPLAIN wrote:
Hi, I try to use Nel Services to test Multiplayer servers and clients. When the service Welcome tries to connect the naming service each service fails on this assert :
nlassert(s > 0 && s < pow(2, sizeof(TFifoSize)*8)); (around the line 80 in
buf_fifo.cpp).
It seems that pow func always give a 0. Could someone explain me what is the aim of this assert?
Thanks in advance.
Stephane.