netftpserver-general

RE: [Net::FTPServer] uninstall

From: McDougall, Marshall (FSH)
Subject: RE: [Net::FTPServer] uninstall
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 12:19:51 -0600

Thanks Richard.

Regards, Marshall

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Jones [mailto:address@hidden
Sent: Saturday, January 15, 2005 5:33 AM
To: McDougall, Marshall (FSH)
Cc: 'address@hidden'

On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 12:02:25PM -0600, McDougall, Marshall (FSH) wrote:
> I want to completely remove netftpserver before reinstalling it again for
> troubleshooting purposes.  What is the most complete way of doing this?
Or
> can someone point me to a M that I can RTF.  Thanks.

It of course depends how you installed it, but I'm assuming from your
question that you didn't use a package manager, but installed using
the 'perl Makefile.PL; make; make install' method.

There should be a 'make uninstall' rule which you can use, which ought
to remove the package completely.

If that doesn't work, or if you want to check it, then you could do
something like:

make install sysconfdir=/tmp/etc DESTDIR=/tmp

which (if I've got it right - not sure!) ought to do a dummy install
under /tmp, so you can find out what files get installed, then remove
the equivalent 'real' files by hand from /usr.

Rich.