netpanzer-devel

[netPanzer-Devel] Releasing a netpanzer beta

From: Matze Braun
Subject: [netPanzer-Devel] Releasing a netpanzer beta
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 22:10:56 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I think it's time for a first alpha release now. We ported all stuff from
win32 to SDL and are at the same level as the windows demo. So I composed
a list of things we should do to get the release done:

Todo before beta release:
-fix the problems with mainmenu in >640x480 resolution
-fix keyboard handling in minimap and infoview
-Eventually trim down option windows to only necessary stuff (this can wait
    for after the release though)
-Eventually add a control options window (this can also wait)
-Complete GameConfig::save and GameConfig::load functions
-Test it (esp. with more than 2 players)
-Make it compiling in mingw again.
-Fix all warnings in the sourcecode
-Add configure script (autoconf) which checks for all prerequesits
-Create "make install" target (also a "make uninstall"?)
-Write a README
-Test it, esp. with more than 2 players and test a complete
    getsource/configure/build/install/play cycle. We should be able to
    find betatesters in irc channels like #netpanzer, #sdl, #*game* I assume
    ;-)
-Create and upload source tarball
-Eventually create some binary packages (though I assume we can save out
 time for other stuff in an alpha version, maybe some fans want to create
 a loki installer themself though ;-)
-Announce on linux/opensource related sites (together with a call for new
    artists, coders, and *good* game designers - we wanna improve the
    gameplay too, don't we?)

Comments? Am I missing something?

Greetings,
        Matze