netpanzer-devel

Re: [netPanzer-Devel] help with compiling to windows executable

From: Matze Braun
Subject: Re: [netPanzer-Devel] help with compiling to windows executable
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 20:38:09 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004, Wong, Jeffrey wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I did some modifications with the code for Netpanzer.  Can anyone help tell
> me how to compile the code into a windows executable?  Thanks.

Well basically you should get a gcc compiler like mingw or cygwin
(probably also with msys environment). Then you have to get jam, autoconf
and automake working on the environment. And finally you should compile
all the dependent libraries (look in the README for a detailed list).
Finally you should be able to compile netpanzer itself.

That's the theory :) in practice you should be VERY! experienced with this
stuff since the dependent libraries often need some manual
patching to get them compiling on windows (esp. glib2 and libxml2 which
are used on linux most of the time, so few of their devs test them on
windows :-/ )

An alternative is to crosscompile from linux. This is how we currently
create our binaries. But this way isn't much easier as well.

Greetings,
        Matze