netsukuku-vala

Re: [Netsukuku-vala] [Netsukuku] Some updates on progress and a request

From: Shadr
Subject: Re: [Netsukuku-vala] [Netsukuku] Some updates on progress and a request for help with testing
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 01:35:54 +0400

On 03/11/2012 08:39 PM, Luca Dionisi wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 12:17 PM, Shadr <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I can help with testing on some hardware, and build small (20-50 nodes)
>> network.
> Very good. What kind of hardware? What O.S. are they running?
>
>> Also can write ebuild(s) for gentoo overlays, but bazaar repo.. not so
>> good for this.
> I do not get what you mean.
>
>> So, in the start, i can`t build latest source from
>> http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/netsukuku/vala/
> It's probably some little inconsistencies between Vala 0.12 and 0.14.
> I will look at it asap. At the moment you could try using Vala 0.12 if
> you want. Or I could send you the C files produced with my
> installation of Vala and then you might be able to build with your
> gcc.
>
> --Luca

Yep, it compiles with vala-0.12.1.
./ntkd -v 1 -i eth3
andnsserver inprocess

** (ntkd:8122): CRITICAL **: file network_linux.c: line 2350: uncaught
error: RTNETLINK answers: Operation not supported
Dump terminated (ntk_impl_linux_iproute_command_error-quark, 0)
WARNING: Iproute: Got following exception, but proceeding anyway:
RTNETLINK answers: File exists

And runs.

Hardware - x86_64 servers/workstations/notebook with Gentoo Linux, may
be some wifi-routers with dd-wrt.

Ebuild is a specialized bash script which automates compilation and
installation procedures for software packages. The format was created by
the Gentoo Linux project for use in its Portage software management system.
>From Wikipedia. So, it may help many Gentoo users with
installing/testing netsukuku.
But bzr is noncommon vcs, written in python with some depends.
Git/Mercurial repo/mirror may be a good idea for future.