netsukuku-vala

[Netsukuku-vala] Status report

From: Luca Dionisi
Subject: [Netsukuku-vala] Status report
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 23:10:12 +0100

The porting of Netsukuku to Vala has been completed.

Almost! The DNS wrapper is still missing. It is a piece of code that
listens to standard DNS queries and forward them to the ANDNA system.
But there are tools that can query directly ANDNA.

Also, the Internet Sharing is still missing. Consider also that in the
python implementation this feature was rough and poorly tested yet.

So, yes, I consider the porting really complete.

Obviously the code has to be tested, debugged, fixed, tested again, etc etc.

The daemon is misbehaving in a number of ways.
There are a number of testsuites here and there for various parts of
the operations but they are not exhaustive at all. So it was really
expected.

I will inform the list next time when the daemon will behave correctly
under a great number of scenarioes.

Finally I want also to introduce a tool that I made to help the
debugging by providing a visual representation of alot of the status
information that can be queried to the nodes.
Attached is a sequence of images that shows the tool in action. It
monitors a node, reports its neighbors, its routing knowledges, the
coordinators of gnodes, border nodes, andna records, etc etc.

--Luca