Re: [Nmh-workers] possibly missing fix in RC2

From: Glenn Burkhardt
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] possibly missing fix in RC2
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 21:49:36 -0400

On Friday 12 September 2003 10:42 pm, Jeffrey C Honig wrote:
> Here is some additional info on this.  Does anyone see any problem with
> my checking this in?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jeff

I'd say the fix is definately missing.

This change works for me, but the patch referenced a very old copy of 'inc.c',
so the change gets made at line 847 instead of line 756.

The effect of this change is buried deep, and I can't help but wonder if there
are other related bugs.  By my reading, the problem actually occurs when inc
calls seq_save(), which calls seq_list(), which determines that the list is
empty if mp->nummsg is zero.

There are a half dozen or more calls to seq_save() in the code, so the value
of 'mp->nummsg' needs to be correct in each of those functions as well.

Perhaps a better fix would be to have seq_list() use mp->lowmsg and
mp->hghmsg, or even better, introduce subroutines to manage the update of the
values in 'struct msg', a la "object oriented" code.  But frankly, that's a
lot of work at this point for the code set.

So I'd say commit the change.