Re: [Nmh-workers] Maildir support for inc

From: David Malone
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Maildir support for inc
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 21:41:43 +0100

> nice.  am i reading this right, that it tries to hard-link if possible,
> and copies if it can't?  that certainly seems like the right strategy
> to me...

Yep - I though that should save quite a lot of shoveling around of
data in the common case.

I think I'll actually refine the patch a little. It turns out that
using readdir and unlink on a directory at the same time (over NFS)
sometimes means that you end up skipping files. The right thing to
do is probably build a list of the files in advance  and then operate
on that.

The other think I was thinking about was should inc only act on the
new files in the Maildir, or should it also work on mail in the cur
files in the Maildir.

        David.