Re: [Nmh-workers] mime-aware repl'ying

From: Oliver Kiddle
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] mime-aware repl'ying
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 17:50:22 +0200

Paul Fox wrote:

> does anyone have a trick (via .mh_profile, mhl.reply, or
> alternate draft edit script) to cause replies to messages which
> contain multiple mime parts to only include and quote the first
> plaintext part?  i'm sure we've all been frustrated when someone

I've got a trick which sort-of does that.

I have `-editor zprompter' in .mh_profile for repl. zprompter is a zsh
script I've written that is a bit like prompter. Among other things, it
does:
  exec 3>$1
  if [[ -n $editalt ]]; then
    mhshow -part 1 -form mhl.null -file $editalt | sed -e '1 d' -e 's/^/> /' >&3
  fi

`-part 1' is not perfect. It doesn't even limit things to plain text
but it works with HTML too given the right filters to pass to pass HTML
through lynx -dump. There was also a patch I posted last December that
you'd you want to apply (or get nmh from CVS).

Oliver