Re: [Nmh-workers] pick character classes

From: Paul Fox
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] pick character classes
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 20:06:21 -0500

 > > i noticed this afternoon that pick doesn't honor ranges in
 > > character classes.  it treats the class "[a-z]" as three
 > > characters ('a', 'z', and '-') instead of 26.  so i implemented it.
 > >
 > > as i was coming to the end of the work, i suddenly had a nasty
 > > feeling of deja vu.  now it might be because i've implemented
 > > ranges for similar regex code before, or it might be because this
 > > has been done or talked about on the list before.
 > >
 > > is there already a patch out there for character classes ranges
 > > in pick regexps?  or is there a reason they shouldn't be implemented?
 >
 > There's a patch here:
 > http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?func=detailitem&item_id=4011
 >
 > I've been meaning to add this fix, but I've been terribly busy lately.  I
 > see no reason to not support this behavior.

well, this certainly explains my sense of deja vu.  apparently
i wrote that patch.  and then i rewrote it this afternoon.  doh!
i'm such a dolt.  :-)

how do i get at the patch from that page?  i'm sure it's better than
what i did today.  :-)

paul
 paul fox, address@hidden (arlington, ma, where it's 40.5 degrees)