Re: [Nmh-workers] The invisible mail folder

From: Neil W Rickert
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] The invisible mail folder
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 21:13:43 -0600

Harald Geyer <address@hidden> wrote on Feb 25, 2007:

>I just realized that you can do "refile 1 +" and it works perfectly well,
>that is: It does the only consistent thing to do and puts the message
>directly into ~/Mail

That is surely a bug.

>Actually it seems that most commands work fairly well on "+" but there
>is one anomaly: The current folder always gets set to "+inbox", no matter
>where you start from! That is: "scan +" displays the contents of
>~/Mail but sets the current folder to ~/Mail/inbox

When I try

        scan +

it lists two messages, and complains about both of them.  That's
because I have two directories (i.e. folders) with all numeric
names.

I have been using MH (and then nmh) for around 16 years without ever
noticing this bug.  Perhaps I can go another 16 years without
noticing it again.

 -NWR