RE: [Nmh-workers] show and repl segfaulting: 1.2 source and 1.1fc6 rpm

From: Parker Jones
Subject: RE: [Nmh-workers] show and repl segfaulting: 1.2 source and 1.1fc6 rpm
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 05:38:17 +1200

> To: address@hidden
> CC: address@hidden
> From: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] show and repl segfaulting: 1.2 source and 1.1fc6
> rpm
> Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 11:05:47 -0500
>

> > Hello,
> >
> > I have show and repl segfaulting for certain messages on a CentOS 5 i686
> > platform.  The problem occurs with both a 1.1 fc6 rpm and 1.2 compiled from
> > source.
> >

> I suspect your problem is this:
> http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?22060
>
> Try to rebuild by adding -fno-builtin-strcasecmp to your CFLAGS.
>
> You may also want to try rebuilding the F8 rpm for your system, as it
> contains a more modern CVS version of nmh (with numerous features and
> fixes).

Thanks for the suggestion Josh.  The bug report is for a 64-bit architecture
while I'm running this on a 32-bit platform. Nevertheless I recompiled anyway
with -fno-builtin-strcasecmp added to CFLAGS in the Makefile, but the segfault
came back.  Going back to  --enable-debug which so far seems to work.