Re: [Nmh-workers] utf-8 subject lines?

From: Paul Fox
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] utf-8 subject lines?
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2008 13:16:47 -0400

peter wrote:

 > It's an RFC-2047-encoded header. nmh in CVS seems to cope with that
 > header fine.

great -- thanks.

 > >just for completeness, in the case of the message with the above
 > >subject, the content was also encoded:
 > >
 > >but mh handled that okay.  (but i sure hate it, since my reply
 > >scripts and forms _don't_ handle it, and i have to pull the
 > >output of "show" into my outgoing buffer, and edit it, in order
 > >to reply sensibly.  but that's a different problem.)
 >
 > Yes. I think that better handling of MIME, especially in replies,
 > is really the most important issue at the moment.

i confess that i've wrapped replying up in a couple of layers of
scripts in order to make things like replying to html mail work
okay, so i'm never sure whether it's my fault when i see broken
behavior in this area.

paul
 paul fox, address@hidden (arlington, ma, where it's 35.6 degrees)