Re: [Nmh-workers] bad "-nopause" behavior

From: Joel Reicher
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] bad "-nopause" behavior
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 22:02:45 +1000

> i recently changed one of my mh wrapper scripts to use the "-nopause"
> option to "show", and i've been finding some breakage.  it seems
> that the "-nopause" option gets passed along to worker processes
> in cases where it shouldn't.  here's one example:
>
>     $ show -nopause -noshowproc
>     cat: invalid option -- o

If anything this is a bug (misfeature?) in -noshowproc, since -nopause
is not an argument that show recognises and so gets passed along to the
showproc (actually the showmimeproc), but if there's no showproc...

> and another -- this seems to happen to messages with no MIME-Version
> header:
>
>     $ show -nopause
>     mhl: -nopause unknown

mhl, which is the default showproc, can't understand -nopause either,
so if you're using -nopause perhaps you should invoke mhshow directly.

Cheers,

        - Joel