Re: [Nmh-workers] MIME sucks, death to mhl

From: Eric Gillespie
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] MIME sucks, death to mhl
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 13:37:17 -0700

Jerrad Pierce writes:

> How can I disentangle the evil that are mhshow and mhl from nmh?
>
> In nmh 1.0 I was able to set showproc and moreproc in mh_profile to less
> and view my messages in piece (text files in a text viewer, the novelty).
> But I just installed 1.3 on another box (RHEL4 with Fedorqa SRPM) and it
> seems even with these settings, mhshow is invoked. It's annoying because
> mhshow decided it needs to do something special with signatures, perceiving
> them as text/plain and trying to invoke xterm...

This works well for me:

#: mhshow sucks; I'll run it by hand if I need to
showmimeproc: mhl

You complained about mhl, so I guess showmimeproc: less would
work, but you shouldn't need to.  It's mhshow that wants to do
the crazy stuff; mhl just formats the headers and shows you the
body raw.

--
Eric Gillespie <*> address@hidden