Re: [Nmh-workers] odd whatnow -attach behaviour

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] odd whatnow -attach behaviour
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 17:46:42 -0400

Peter writes:

> I don't use whatnow -attach, but I was fiddling around with it making a
> test case for a related issue, and I noticed that it seems to behave a
> bit oddly:
>
> mnementh$ whatnow -attach foo

That's the cause, I think:  if the -attach isn't in your .mh_profile,
the later detach won't see it.

> What now? attach foo_bar/baz
>
> What now? alist
> baz
>
> What now? detach foo_bar/baz
>
> What now? alist
> baz
>

> So the 'detach' doesn't complain, but it doesn't actually seem to do
> anything either...

detach doesn't complain about other things, such as deleting
an attachment that doesn't exist.  That probably should be
fixed.

> Anybody who actually uses this know if this is a bug or expected behaviour?

The recommended (docs/README-ATTACHMENTS) setup is to put this
in your .mh_profile:

        send: -attach X-MH-Attachment
        whatnow: -attach X-MH-Attachment

Then your detach would work.  Alternatively, you could "detach -n 1".