Re: [Nmh-workers] Sent draft filenames

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Sent draft filenames
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 18:34:18 +0100

address@hidden wrote:
>What's responsible for the production of files named ",X"? I get them in
>my regular folders, and posted drafts are renamed to this style as well.
>My system used to instead name sent messages ".#X", which is compatible
>wth Athena delete, but has recently reverted to clogging my folders with
>the comma files.

The backup prefix is a compile time option (configure --with-hash-backup
will make it use '#' rather than ','; for anything more complicated you
probably need to modify the sources). The function m_backup() creates a
file with this prefix, and it's used in various bits of nmh that want
to create a backup file.

Have you upgraded your nmh recently and accidentally lost a local
configuration, perhaps?

-- PMM