exmh changing context (Was: Re: [Nmh-workers] preventing change of curre

From: bergman
Subject: exmh changing context (Was: Re: [Nmh-workers] preventing change of current folder with rcvstore?)
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 12:43:14 -0400

In the message dated: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 12:10:05 EDT,
The pithy ruminations from address@hidden on
<Re: [Nmh-workers] preventing change of current folder with rcvstore?> were:
=> --==_Exmh_1250611805_74514P
=>
=> On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 11:33:51 EDT, address@hidden said:
=>
=> > Is there a way to use rcvstore to refile messages to a specified folder
without
=> > changing the default folder?
=>
=> Umm.. run procmail with a different value of $MHCONTEXT so its folder changes
=> don't interfere with yours?

That's pointing me to the real issue....

I use exmh, and have the following in .mh_profile:

        context: .exmhcontext

It's actually exmh, not procmail, that has been changing the default folder.

Since exmh sets the MHCONTEXT variable internally, I don't need to set
"context" in .mh_profile (which forces command-line tools to refer to the same
context as exmh).

=>
=> Potentially, you could use one $MHCONTEXT for procmail, and another one
=> for each window (  export MHCONTEXT=~/.mhcontext-`tty`   or similar) and then

Something like:

        export MHCONTEXT=~/Mail/.mhcontext-`tty|sed -e "s,.dev.,," -e "s,/,.,"`

=> even different windows won't interfere with each other...

I like that idea, and may use it later.

Thanks,

Mark

=>