Re: [Nmh-workers] [patch] Exchange of MD5 implementation due to license

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] [patch] Exchange of MD5 implementation due to license
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 09:51:26 -0500

>Does nmh work usefully on any boxes that don't have OpenSSL
>available?  If not, can/should we just punt and use the OpenSSL
>version?

Right now we don't have a dependency on OpenSSL, and I am personally loath
to introduce one unless we're actually using it for something useful (like
TLS support).  Right now I happen to be using nmh on a box that doesn't come
with OpenSSL on it, so the answer to your first question is "yes".

As for the licensing stuff ... meh, it's hard for me to really work up
enough energy to care about something like that.